In this interview, I sit down with business coach and creator of theWealthSource Kim Sawyer.
Our conversation is packed with questions, answers and thoughts that will get you thinking about money, business, value and wealth (and Ayn Rand!) in ways you may not have considered before.
The Shadows of Ayn Rand Heroes and the True Source of Wealth: Whether you’re a seasoned ‘Randroid,’ or just getting started reading Atlas Shrugged, I think you’ll really enjoy our dialogue about the pitfalls and traps that we can fall into when reading about Ayn Rand’s characters, what value is (and isn’t) and how to become wealthy in your own life.
In this episode, you’ll hear about:
- The seductive trap of the ‘Ayn Rand Speech’ [10:00]
- The dangers of using ‘rationality’ to ‘rationalize’ (and how to avoid the most common Objectivism pitfalls that keep smart people stuck) [20:30]
- How to use Ayn Rand’s characters as ‘roadmaps’ instead of ideals [23:00]
- Why you should think of yourself as a ‘Frank Lloyd Wright’ building (find out what this means at [29:00])
- One of the most powerful forms of Goal-setting (if you have written goals, make sure to listen to this section to make some critical refinements on them) [41:00]
- The most important (and profitable) investment opportunity EVERYONE has and almost nobody thinks about [49:00]
- The multiple areas of ‘wealth’ – and why you must profit in all of these areas in order to be truly wealthy (hint: only one of them is money) [56:00]
- Discover the ‘life project’ that we’re all plugged into (getting clear on this is like taking the red pill) [58:00]
- The most powerful word in the human experience: Volition [1:00:00]
- One powerful way to look at Ayn Rand’s work to live a better life [1:02:00]
Learn more about Kim Sawyer at TheWealthSource.com.